A Hard Lesson
The photo below shows a queen cell, though, and it appears that the bee growing inside has already emerged. We are hoping that the bees started right at it again after the setback and have a new queen in the works. The older bees will be dying off each day and new eggs and larvae are essential to the hive's survival.
The lesson I walked away with was good for beekeeping and life, I think. Maybe I shouldn't be so fast to "cut things out" before I look for the deeper reason they may be appearing. I'm thankful for the advice but sorry that we made the preparation for winter just a bit harder for the bees. Things like this also make us happy that we decided to have two hives - so that we could see the differences and have a little cushion for our first year mistakes.
| Did a Queen Emerge? |
- - -
Little Miss Bee and Baby bee watched the inspection, the sunset, and each other. It was a lovely evening to be outside, collect rocks and sticks, and watch their dad work the bees.
| Wren |
| Wren |
Comments
Post a Comment